Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh
Driving a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler has been considered a symbol of freedom for a long and has now become a quintessential life skill. In a period where driving a vehicle has become a sheer necessity, holding a driving licence also becomes important. A Driving Licence is an official document issued by the Regional Transport Office certifying that the holder is qualified enough to drive a motor vehicle. As per the Indian Motor Vehicle Act 1988, no individual can drive a motor vehicle on Indian Roads without a valid driving licence issued for a particular category.
In India, each state has its own process, test, and criteria to apply for a driving licence. For people residing in the state of Andhra Pradesh, the state’s Transport Department has greatly simplified the process of obtaining a Driving Licence and has also made the process very transparent. Individuals in Andhra Pradesh can get a Driving Licence from the Motor Vehicle Inspector’s Office or at the Regional Transport Office that has jurisdiction over the residential area of the applicant.
Documents Required for Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh
To obtain a Driving Licence in Andhra Pradesh, the applicant must submit the following documents at the concerned RTO office.
- Valid documents of the vehicle
- Duly filled application form which can be obtained from the Andhra Pradesh Transport Organization web portal.
- Four passport size photographs
- Medical certificate in Form 1 A and 1 issued by any certified Government doctor, if applicable.
- Valid age proof – passport, PAN card, etc.
- Valid identity proof – Voter ID, Passport, or Aadhaar card
- Proof of address
- Application Fees
Additional documents may be asked for depending on your profile. Do enquire with the nearest RTO office before submitting the application form for a Driving Licence.